Gluten Free Tiramisù made with Amaretti
If you needed further tempting to purchase our Amaretti, we're happy to help!
Here's a great idea recently posted on www.epicurious.com by Ignacio Mattos
The crunchy almond cookies replace soft smushy ladyfingers for a welcome twist on the classic dessert.
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups mascarpone
- 3 Tbsp. dark rum
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup espresso or very strong coffee
- 1 (7-oz.) bag amaretti cookies (Italian macaroons; about 4 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 (6-oz.) glasses or ramekins
- Whisk egg yolks in a medium bowl to blend, then gradually add sugar, whisking constantly until mixture is thick, smooth, and pale yellow. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in mascarpone, rum, and salt; set aside.
- Place espresso in a small bowl. Working in batches, gently mix and turn cookies in espresso 20 seconds to soak. Divide cookies among glasses and top each with 1/2 cup mascarpone mixture. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Dust tiramisù with cocoa powder just before serving.
- Tiramisù can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and keep chilled.
credits: epicurious.com, Ignacio Mattos, photo by Michael Graydon and Nikole Herriott, prop styling by Kalen Kaminiski, food styling by Andy Baraghani
Follow Piccola Cucina on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for recipes, product updates and more.